Closed ATM View - GA2018/1549
Management of Alice Springs Satellite Ground Station (ASSGS) As A Service
Show close time for other time zones
Geoscience Australia is seeking to appoint a Contractor to manage the ASSGS as a service under Contract for a period of 10 years with a possible extension exercisable by GA of 5 years.
Under the requirement:
- the Contractor becomes a provider of fee-for-service to GA as well as to potentially other public entities and the private sector (subject at all times to CAT and GA's prior approval);
- the Contractor will have to comply with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and obtain all other Approvals if required to do so.
- the Contractor shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations and ongoing support of the ASSGS, including preventative and corrective maintenance and upgrades. All preventative and corrective maintenance and upgrades are to be funded and implemented by the Contractor, subject to GA approval;
- the Contractor is permitted, subject to GA's approval in accordance with the Contract, to contract with other commercial entities and make necessary upgrades to ASSGS for the provision of products and services to customers other than GA without impeding on or adversely affecting GA’s operational priorities;
- the Contractor shall assist GA with increasing the importance of, and strengthening the role played by GA in the international Landsat Ground Network (LGN) community;
- the Contractor shall undertake key projects to identify and address technical and regulatory tion (ASSGS) As A Service barriers, which are impeding Australian space industry’s ability to take advantage of key opportunities;
- GA becomes a fee-paying customer in accordance with the Contract with enforceable Service Levels against the Contractor for the acquisition of required data and operational services, as laid out in Section 2.03 (b);
- GA retains the unencumbered ownership of the ASSGS including all major spares, upgrades and enhancements done to the ASSGS Facilities and Systems by the Contractor;
- GA retains absolute operational priority for satellite passes of interest to the Commonwealth government and its allies; and
GA retains absolute operational priority for satellite passes in the event of scheduling conflicts, emergency management situations and other specific circumstances determined by GA.
Tenderers are directed to Clause 8 Industry Briefing in the RFT document for information relating to the Industry Briefing.
The tenderer and any subcontractors proposed in the tender must not be named as not complying with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
From August 2018