Closed ATM View - JSD/RFI/8163/1
JP9347 Phase 1 Request For Information
Show close time for other time zones
The Commonwealth is seeking information from industry partners on:
- how the MTN-SP could be executed to deliver and sustain the desired capability outcomes,
- whether industry has capability, capacity and appetite to assume the role of Prime Systems Integrator (PSI) and Design Authority (DA),
- opportunities for Australian Industry Capability (AIC), including examining the Sovereign Industry Capability aspects of the delivery and sustainment of the MTN-SP,
- feedback on the MTN-SP needs and requirements as articulated in the draft Operational Concept Document (OCD); in particular whether they provide sufficient clarity of capability needs and requirements, and
- what considerations industry believe the Commonwealth must bear in mind and what sustainment arrangements industry believes to be the most effective way to sustain capability.
This RFI continues the early engagement with industry, including the briefings and one on one sessions held at the Tactical Data Link Summit and Military Communications and Information Systems Conference in November 2018. In support of this RFI, Defence will also provide a brief to Industry concurrently to the Avalon Air Show in Geelong, VIC on 25 February 2019 at the Novotel Geelong from 2-4pm. Industry can register for a one on one briefing session with the Commonwealth, which will occur during 26 to 28 February 2019 inclusive at the Novotel Geelong.
Industry members that desire a one on one meeting are requested to email email@example.com with their request using the attached registration form by CoB Wednesday 20 February 2019.
Respondents wishing to access the OCD are required to complete and sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), included with the RFI package, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Respondents that provide a completed NDA will be provided with further instructions on accessing the OCD. Completion of the NDA will also entitle respondents to access the Joint Forces Authority Directive which outlines current ADF timelines with regards to the MTN-SP and is provided as background material.
Due to availability of space, attendance at one on one briefings will be limited to 5 personnel from each industry participant. Discussion sessions will be limited to 30 minutes duration.
If the feedback from industry gathered during these sessions reveals a need for clarification, the Commonwealth may subsequently release a set of 'Frequently Asked Questions' to assist industry's understanding of the RFI.