Closed ATM View - AVD/RFT/14029/1
LAND 907 Phase 2 Abrams M1A2 Immersive Tactical Trainer (ITT)
Show close time for other time zones
Defence is seeking Industry to design, develop, manufacture and deliver an Immersive Tactical Trainer (ITT) for the Australian Army's Abrams M1A2 capability sought under Project LAND 907 Phase 2.
As part of Defence’s future Heavy Armoured Capability System, LAND 907 Phase 2 is to provide an upgraded Abrams M1A2 Main Battle Tank (MBT) capability by replacing the extant Abrams M1A1 variant and delivering upgraded supporting systems including the Armoured Recovery Vehicle capability. LAND 907 Phase 2 will also provide the capability requirement to augment the current Abrams M1A1 MBT support system to support the Australian Army’s Abrams M1A2 MBT, encompassing Facilities, Training, Integrated Logistics Support and Commercial Arrangements.
Within the scope of this support system augmentation are the following user requirements:
• Immersive Tactical Training, and
• Procedural Gunnery Training.
It is proposed that an ITT capability will provide a high fidelity simulation system to train Abrams M1A2 crews as a precursor 'Live Fire' practical training and Immersive Tactical Collective Training from crew up to Army Training Level 6. This is to be achieved by integration into the Land Training Environment.
Two sub-sets of capability are being sourced:
• One (1) Troop of four (4) Immersive Tactical Trainer - Fixed (ITT-F). This is a Classroom based capability to simulate a troop of Abrams M1A2.
• Three (3) Troops of four (4) Immersive Tactical Trainer - Containerised (ITT-C). Each troop set is to consist of four (4) ITT-C each to simulate a single Abrams M1A2 and be relocatable within a 20 foot ISO container. This is to be up to a maximum of 4 containers for each troop set.
The ITT capability being sought seeks to provide:
• an enhanced simulation capability that addresses Army’s requirement in areas where the Advanced Gunnery Training System (AGTS) has limitations against the Australian user requirement;
• the opportunity for commensurate or reduced acquisition costs for the training system;
• growth potential for the training capability and the ability to manage obsolescence issues into the future;
• the opportunity for increased Australian Industry Capability (AIC) content in the acquisition of the Heavy Armoured Capability System; and
• the opportunity for simulator integration into Defence’s Land Training Environment.
Gate 2 for LAND 907 Phase 2 is currently scheduled for Sep 2021, which will provide approvals and funding for Heavy Armoured Capability System acquisition.
• Tenderers are to provide:
o Company Name;
o Attendee names; and
o Company Position/role.
• There is a limit of 3 attendees (MS Teams logins) per tenderer.
• Instructions to registered attendees will be emailed at COB Monday 20 July 2020.
• A Microsoft Teams invite link called “Join Microsoft Teams meeting” will be sent to you to access the Virtual Industry Site Visit.
• Please login 5 minutes prior to the start time of 10:00am (1000hrs) AEST as we will be commencing the presentation as scheduled.
• There will be opportunities to ask questions during the Virtual Industry Site Visit.
As the ITT is to provide an immersive simulation capability for the Abrams M1A2 MBT to be procured under Foreign Military Sales, Third Party Transfer Requests are required to access relevant data. Therefore, the ability to gain accreditation under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a condition of participation.
Government Furnished Information (GFI) and potentially Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) acquired via FMS is required for the contract. The Commonwealth will give the Tenderer reasonable assistance to facilitate obtaining Export Approvals, including the provision of a certificate by the Commonwealth as to the end use of the relevant information and equipment required for the contract.
Third-Party Retransfers arrangements will be established for access to associated technical data or any GFM required by the Tenderer in support of the contract.
Estimated date for delivery of ITT-F: Q1 2024 and first troop set of ITT-C: Q3 2024