Closed ATM View - AZ6214
EST02019 Explosive Ordnance Facilities Northern NSW
Show close time for other time zones
Notice for the provision of Managing Contractor (MCC-1 2003) services for the Planning and Construction of buildings, services and infrastructure in connection with the project at two sites:
- Defence Establishment Orchard Hills (DEOH), NSW
- Explosive Ordnance (EO) Depot Myambat, NSW
The prospective project scope includes but is not limited to:
- Potable and Fire Water networks
- Electrical Distribution (HV/LV) network (new dedicated supply)
- Base Entry & Security (perimeter fence, lighting, CCTV, road network improvements)
- Approx. 160 Level 3 Living In Accommodation, new replacement
- Defence EO Training School – new consolidated training, instructional and administrative facilities, demolition of old
- Gymnasium – new construction
- Messes – new construction cater for staff, trainees and visitors
- Waste Water – connection to Sydney Water sewer remove, remediate, refurbish as needed
- EO Storage – new Ammunition Process Facility, incl. demolish old
- New EO Services Contractor working accommodation (replace Bldg N109) incl. demolish old
- Working accommodation – new consolidated, demolish old
EO Depot Myambat
- Potable and Fire Water networks
- Waste water and trade waste
- Base entry and Security
It is anticipated that external agency interfacing and approvals will be required in respect to the prospective upgrade of HV feeder network supply, access and egress upgrade to/from DEOH and the Northern Road, connection to Western Sydney Water sewer system.
The Managing Contractor Contract (MCC-1 2003) is a two stage Contract where the successful applicant is appointed to plan the works (the Planning Phase) incl. all aspects of engineering, environmental, heritage and services condition and capacity investigations to support design and capital cost estimates for the Departmental and Government approvals necessary to proceed to construct the works (the Delivery Phase).
The contractor will be required to undertake all investigations, design and cost estimation in connection with the 5% level of design (Master Planning and Feasibility Report (MPFR)) as Managing Contractor performed work to more precisely define planning phase design scope in advance of the appointment of the Managing Contractor’s design team vide Clause 8 of the Contract. The 5% MPFR must include a validation of the DEOH EO Plan for all facilities within the Explosives Storage Area (ESA).
Contractor appointment for the delivery phase is subject to all relevant approvals, incl. Parliamentary approval of the proposed works to proceed to construction (Delivery) and achieving Delivery Phase Agreement under the Contract with the Commonwealth.
Anticipated contract value incl. reimbursable work Delivery phase: $195 million (Excl. GST)
None Stated. Refer to ATM at the time of issue.
It is anticipated that the Building Code 2016 and Government policies in respect of Local Industry capability participation and Indigenous enterprise participation will apply to this project.
- Managing Contractor Contract (MCC-1 2003) – Contract Award - Oct 2019
- 5% MPFR non-rejected - Feb 2020
- 30% Concept Design Report (CDR) non-rejected - Jun 2020
- 50% Schematic Design Report (SDR) non-rejected - Oct 2020
- Delivery Phase Approval - Jun 2021
- Construction - Jul 2021-Dec 2023
- End Defects Liability Period - Dec 2024
Refer to ATM at time of issue