Closed ATM View - EMP19/3569
Commonwealth Scholarships Program for Young Australians
Show close time for other time zones
The Commonwealth Scholarships Program for Young Australians (the Program) offers 400 scholarships to unemployed youth residing in any of the following 10 regional locations Grafton, Gosford, Wanneroo, Armadale, Shepparton, Townsville, Maryborough, Port Pirie, Burnie and Alice Springs, to undertake Vocational Education and Training courses, including workplace-based internships with local businesses.
Priority is given to the following applicants:
- exited the ADF in the previous 2 years, regardless of age
- Indigenous young Australians
- young Australians with a disability; and
- young Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Under the Program scholars are given the opportunity to complete a vocational education and training course from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma level in an Approved Program of Study that leads to an occupation in demand. Scholars participate in an industry based work placements that directly links study to real jobs through completing a 20 business day paid Internship.
The services consists of the performance of the following activities:
- develop, coordinate and manage three scholarship application rounds, including communications and promotional activities;
- conducting Scholarship applicant eligibility checks and shortlisting of applications for the Department’s consideration;
- communicating the Department’s decision in relation to successful and unsuccessful applicants, making Scholarship offers to successful applicants, and administering Scholarship Funding;
- sourcing host employers for Internships that directly link to the Scholars’ Approved Program of Study;
- coordinating Internships and providing support services to Scholars;
- monitoring Scholar enrolments and progress;
- monitoring and reporting on the Program implementation and Program outcomes; and
- participate in Program evaluation.
Further details are provided in the Request for Tender documentation.
Refer to RFT
Refer to RFT