Closed ATM View - GA2021/1252
Satellite Ground Station High Data Rate Programmable Demodulators
Show close time for other time zones
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart
Geoscience Australia (GA) operates a satellite ground station at Alice Springs, NT, to provide data for applications such as the DEA Hotspots bush fire monitoring system and also in support of international collaboration obligations as a key component of the Landsat Ground Network.
The high level requirement is for high data rate (Intermediate Frequency) programmable demodulators capable of:
1. Supporting reception of data from:
• Landsat 7
• Landsat 8
• Landsat 9
• NOAA 2x (JPSS1) & Suomi NPP
• METOP (desirable)
• FENGYUN (desirable)
2. The demodulator shall be capable of processing the received data to a Level 0 product and provide logs and/or data files for evaluation of Quality Control (QC) parameters.
3. The sensors to be supported include but are not limited to:
4. The demodulator units shall support the following demodulation schemes compliant with CCSDS 401.0-B-19 Radio Frequency and Modulation Systems Blue Book:
• UQPSK (Unbalanced, I and Q data streams are different data rates with amplitudes of I and Q phase vectors adjusted to fit inside unit circle)
• 8-PSK (8-ary PSK, phase states are 45° apart)
• SQPSK (Staggered, I and Q data streams are out of phase to minimize transition discontinuities and maintain continuity between phase states)
• OQPSK (Offset-Keyed, I and Q data streams are phased 90° apart)
• AQPSK (Asynchronous, I and Q clocks are not correlated nor coherent)
5. The demod units shall support the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol compliant with the CCSDS 727.0-B-4 Blue Book.
6. At least one input shall support 1200 MHz IF centre frequency. At least one input shall support 720 MHz IF centre frequency.
7. Supplier to address their ability to provide user training.
8. Remaining requirements are listed in Appendix A.
No Mandatory Conditions for Participation are specified
The Contract will remain in force for a period of 12 months from the date the Contract is entered into.