Closed ATM View - FIN/002/19
Australian Parliament House (APH) Cabling Project
Show close time for other time zones
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart
Expressions of interest are invited for the following tender. Government Network Services Branch (GNSB) within the Department of Finance (Finance) is seeking tenders from organisations with the capacity and capability to replace Finance’s ageing Ministerial Communications Network (MCN) fibre optic cabling infrastructure within the Australian Parliament House (APH) and to deliver within time and on budget.
• Tenders are invited to provide services to replace the existing MCN fibre optic backbone and associated infrastructure with new infrastructure and to create new intermediate distribution frames (IDFs) at APH.
• The proposed IDFs will connect to parliamentarian suites via new Multi-Fibre Push On (MPO) cabling. All new cables will be single mode optic fibre.
• All the old cabling and associated infrastructure will be decommissioned and disposed of at completion of the transition of services to the new fibre infrastructure.
• Tenderers are required to provide a firm fixed price, with a Time and Material charge component for any additional request works and services that fall outside the original agreed project scope.
• Pricing details for this RFT must be provided as an Attachment to the Tender.
• The proposed installation must be compliant with the requirements of the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) for the installation of cabling and infrastructure for classified communications systems in secure buildings.
• The proposed installation must comply with all relevant Australian building and cabling standards.
• The work will be undertaken with minimal disruptions to operations within APH including Parliamentary sittings. There may be a requirement to work outside of normal business hours.
• Potential tenderers must advise the Contact Officer of their intent to tender and request the Tender Pack for the works by close of business, Monday 17 June 2019.
• Within 1 business day of receipt of this advice a Tender Pack comprising a Statement of Requirement, Bill of Materials and accompanying plans/drawings will be provided to potential tenderers.
• Finance will conduct an industry briefing over two half-days on 1 and 2 July 2019.
• Tender CLOSING DATE is Friday 19 July at 2pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. Late Tenders WILL NOT be considered.
• Tenderers must have all relevant licences, accreditations, registrations and/or qualifications related to the installation of fibre optic cabling and associated infrastructure.
• Lead onsite technician must hold a NV1 security clearance (minimum) and able to provide escort duties within APH as required. All other technicians must hold a baseline security clearance.
EMO – Fin Gov: v2 - 11/14 2
• Work is expected to take up to 12 months from contract award with an option to extend for 3 periods of 6 months.
Please refer to Clause 9.4 for Conditions for Participation within the RFT document.
12 months from date of awarding of contract with an option to extend for 3 periods of 6 months.