Current ATM View - DFAT-317
LAOS AUSTRALIA INSTITUTE PHASE III (LAI III)
Show close time for other time zones
DFAT has a requirement for a contractor to facilitate and build on the progress of LAI II and the Laos Australia Development Learning Facility (LADLF). LAI III will combine the key functions of LAI and LADLF into a single, targeted investment aligned with the Partnerships for Recovery Strategy and supporting Laos' long-term recovery from the impacts of COVID-19.
The Contractor will be responsible for the design of LAI III in parallel to implementing the Australia Awards component of the program. The contractor will be responsible for the full implementation for LAI III after design approval has been granted.
The goal of LAI III is to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders to promote inclusive and sustainable development in Lao PDR with two longer term (8 years) End of Program Outcomes (EOPO):
- Targeted policy reforms towards inclusive and sustainable development are supported by responsive technical advice, analysis, dialogue and diplomacy; and
- Key stakeholders are equipped with improved skills, networks and qualifications to contribute to inclusive and sustainable economic development of Lao PDR.
The program has five Intermediate Outcomes:
Targeted Lao HRD institutions have improved capacity to support inclusive and sustainable economic development;
- Key Lao decision-makers have increased awareness of, and improved capacity to, achieve inclusive and sustainable economic development;
- Australian Alumni strengthen the cooperation between Lao PDR and Australia as developmental leaders;
- Future Lao leaders benefit from increased qualifications and skills to promote inclusive and sustainable economic development; and
- Lao disadvantaged groups contribute their voices and efforts to national development more effectively.
The Tenderer must not be named as not complying with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth);
The Tenderer must not be listed on the World Bank List or any similar List maintained by a development donor or is the subject of an informal investigation or temporary suspension which could lead the Tenderer becoming so listed;
The Tenderer must not be subject to an adverse Court or Tribunal decision (not including decisions under appeal) for a breach of any workplace relations law, work health and safety law, or workers’ compensation law, or if the Tenderer is subject, that the Tenderer has fully complied, or is fully complying with the Court or Tribunal order;
The Tenderer agrees to contract as a single legal entity; and
The Tenderer complies with the Black Economy Procurement Connected Policy.
Initial Term - Four (4) years
Option Periods - up to Four (4) years