Closed ATM View - PROC-9176555
Australian Fungicide Resistance Extension Network (AFREN)
Show close time for other time zones
The development of fungicide resistance and the limitation of available fungicide Mode of Actions is an ongoing issue for grain growers. The investment, CUR1905-001SAX Australian Fungicide Resistance Extension Network (AFREN), led by Curtin University and concluding in June 2022, has successfully engaged a network of experts in pathology and fungicide resistance to develop consistent messaging and management strategies to combat the development of fungicide resistance in grain crops. Also, a platform of resources has been developed and information delivered directly to growers and advisers through a series of workshops across Australia, which have improved the baseline knowledge and understanding of fungicide resistance development and management strategies.
Key resources developed include:
- The AFREN website https://afren.com.au/
- The ‘Fungicide Resistance Management in Australian Grain Crops’ guide
- Factsheets specific to each region, crop, and disease at risk of fungicide resistance development.
- Case studies
- Webinars and podcasts
GRDC is proposing a new investment to ensure that the AFREN developed resources are promoted, maintained, and updated with new information on the development of fungicide resistance and disease management strategies. The investment will also ensure that the network of plant pathologists and fungicide resistance experts is maintained to extend existing information and new research information to the grain industry via dynamic communication and extension activities.
GRDC seek to engage a suitable communication and extension partner to deliver the AFREN messaging to the grains industry and drive the adoption of best practice disease management strategies to minimise the impacts of fungicide resistance in grain crops.
By June 2030, 40% of grain growers from across all GRDC regions (Southern, Western and Northern) have adopted and are implementing fungicide resistance
management strategies to reduce the emergence and impact of fungicide resistance and preserve the efficacy of fungicide Mode of Action groups.
Output 1 - By June 2022, reinstate the Australian Fungicide Resistance Extension Network of plant pathologist and fungicide resistant experts to collaborate and support the delivery of Outputs 2, 3 and 4.
Output 2 -
Deliver by August 2022 and annually thereafter, agreed communications and extension
strategy deliverables effectively promoting best practice disease and fungicide resistance management to
growers and advisers for the purpose of generating Australian grower practice change.
- In consultation with GRDC - Communications
Output 3 - By September 2022 and annually thereafter, provide to growers and advisers a current
website for relevant information on best practice disease and fungicide resistance management for the
stewardship of current fungicides.
- In consultation with GRDC - Digital and Publications
Output 4 - By April 2025, deliver an evaluation of the effectiveness of the AFREN program.
- Includes grower and adviser awareness, perception and grower use of AFREN and integrated disease
- The Tenderer and any subcontractor must not be named on the Consolidated List, being the list of persons and entities who are subject to targeted financial sanctions or travel bans under Australian sanction laws, as maintained by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- The Tenderer and any subcontractor must not have a judicial decision against it (not including decisions under appeal) relating to employee entitlements and who have not paid the claim.
- The Tenderer must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners
- The Tenderer and any proposed subcontractor must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
It is anticipated that any resultant contract in relation to this procurement will commence with a proposed term of 3 years.
GRDC will contract under the terms of a Research Contract (Two Parties)
Submit your Tender through the Grains Investment Portal by 5pm AEST on Thursday 14th April 2022
For information on "Applying" and how to register refer to these guides in the GRDC help centre:Guide: Registering for the portalGuide: Submitting a Tender through the Grains Investment Portal