Closed ATM View - FaHCSIA/09/RFT/678
Establishment of a panel of suppliers for asbestos removal and associated services in Northern Territory communities
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) invites suitably qualified organisations to tender for the provision of asbestos removal and associated services in Northern territory communities.
• Remove and dispose of asbestos containing material (ACM);
• Monitoring for airborne asbestos fibres during all stages of asbestos removal process (this monitoring to be carried out by a hygienist);
• Replace ACM with other suitable material where required;
• Demolition and disposal of buildings as required;
• Affix asbestos hazard warning signage to buildings (signs to be supplied by the Commonwealth);
• Detailed reporting of works activities and air monitoring;
• Attendance at stakeholder meetings.
• Completion of the Request for Tender (RFT) Statement of Compliance (Part B - Schedule 2);
• Completion of all mandatory RFT Schedules as outlined in PART A – Section 15. Information to be Provided by Tenderers;
• Maintain current relevant licences or professional accreditations/registrations and ability to provide these on request;
• Adherence to the current Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos;
• Adherence to relevant occupational health and safety standards as outlined in the National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry; and
• Maintenance of required levels of insurance as outlined at PART A – 15 Insurance of the RFT and ability to evidence these on request.
• The panel is to be established for three years from the date of execution of the Deed of Agreement.
• FaHCSIA would retain, at its sole discretion, the option to extend the asbestos removal panel arrangement for up to two periods of one year beyond the three-year term.