Closed ATM View - 2000003672
Geotechnical services and advice
Show close time for other time zones
Services will include:
- evaluation of mining related applications, plans and reports from a geotechnical perspective;
- participation in site inspections, workshops, meetings and technical forums as a geotechnical specialist on behalf of the Department; and
- provision of formal assessment reports and ad hoc advice on a range of geotechnical matters.
The services above will be related to mining activities at the Ranger uranium mine including:
- tailings management practices and proposals, including tailings dredging, in-pit tailings deposition and accelerated tailings consolidation;
- tailings consolidation modelling, physical properties testing and monitoring programs;
- pit geotechnical evaluations and risk assessments;
- bulk backfill of mined out pits;
- built structures evaluation such as tailings and water storage dams and the risks associated with potential modifications or remediation activities; and
- other mining and mine rehabilitation related activities as required.
The Department will be conducting an industry briefing concerning the RFT on Tuesday 3rd July at 10am Australian Central Time. The briefing will be conducted as a teleconference (see paragraph 2.2).
The Tenderer exists as a legal entity at the Closing Time (see paragraph 8.3).
The Agreement for the Supplies is expected to commence in August 2018 and conclude in August 2021 with an option for the Department to extend the Agreement for a further 2 years.