Current ATM View - PROC-9175493
Crop agronomy packages for current and emerging high rainfall zone (HRZ) growers in the Western Region
Show close time for other time zones
Average yields in the HRZ will be increased by 1t/ha for cereals and 0.5t/ha for canola by 2021 due to growers in that zone seeing agronomy and technology packages that work in their area, and knowing what needs to be done to reach yield potential and adopting a HRZ package to achieve a profitable production system for their own business.
1. Map and statistics of WA high rainfall zone.
The high rainfall zone boundary has shifted in recent years. Output 1 is to update the boundaries of the HRZ cereal, canola and pulse map with current data and from other relevant sources. This map is to be included in the final report and in any extension material. To be completed by November 2018.
2. Barriers to adoption review
Undertake a review of why growers in the HRZ are not taking up some of the outcomes of various research designed specifically to deliver value to HRZ growers. It is expected that discussion will include what the drivers and impediments are for individual farm businesses in the HRZ. Monitoring of attitude change and adoption of a HRZ high yield package to enable growers to achieve yield potential in the HRZ will ultimately see an increase in profitable production for these growers. To be completed by November 2018.
3. Final report
A final report, and a booklet including the grower interviews as noted above, will be submitted to GRDC Western region by February 2019.
Tenderers must familiarise themselves with further information found at https://grdc.com.au/research/applying-and-reporting/current-procurement including terms and conditions of participation, required form of response and draft contract (Services Agreement).
1. The Applicant must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners.
2. The Applicant must be financially viable. For the purposes of this condition, “financially viable” means that the Tenderer has not had any of the following events occur in respect of it:
• meeting of creditors being called or held within the past five years;
• the appointment of a liquidator, provisional liquidator or administrator within the past five years;
• the appointment of a controller (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act (2001)), or analogous person appointed, including in respect of any of its property within the past five years;
• a failure to comply with a statutory demand in respect of the payment of any debt;
• an inability to pay debts as they fall due or otherwise becoming insolvent;
• becoming incapable of managing its own affairs for any reason;
• taking any step resulting in insolvency under administration (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001); and
• entering into a compromise or arrangement with, or assignment for the benefit of, any of its creditors, or any analogous event.
3. The Applicant and any proposed subcontractor must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
4. The Applicant must include in its application details of any known circumstances that may give rise to an actual or potential Conflict of Interest with GRDC in responding to this procurement. The Applicant's response will be taken into account in the evaluation.
February 2018 to February 2019
By portal submission only at https://access.grdc.com.au/