Closed ATM View - Health/18-19/05175
Assisting National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program Services to meet Quality Standards
Show close time for other time zones
Melbourne, Adelaide, Darwin
The Supplier will be required to:
- Develop a set of culturally safe, ‘fit for purpose’ training modules and support materials that are based on the Guidance Material and Resources for Commonwealth subsidised aged care services that was developed by the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (the precursor to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission);
- The Supplier will organise and deliver 2-day training workshops in five locations (Alice Springs, Darwin, Adelaide, Townsville and Melbourne) for National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program Service Providers. The Supplier will be responsible for all aspects of workshop delivery, including venue selection booking and hire, workshop materials and resources, participant communications, workshop evaluation and feedback and reimbursement of expenses to Service Providers;
- Organise and undertake 2 site visits to each Service Provider (currently 35), to support the Service Provider to embed the new Standards, train and educate staff, consider ways to enhance consumer focus and engagement, measure and evaluate activities and processes to demonstrate performance against the Standards and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation; and
- Provide ongoing telephone and email support to all National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Service Providers for the duration of the contract, through a dedicated phone number and email address.
The Customer will exclude from consideration any Response that does not meet the following Mandatory Conditions for Participation:
- Detailed knowledge of the regulatory requirements for aged care providers, including the new Aged Care Quality Standards, demonstrated through two relevant and recent examples.
- Demonstrated high level of experience in working with remote Indigenous communities, demonstrated through two relevant and recent examples, and written references.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce, demonstrated through two relevant and recent examples, and written references.
May 2019 to 30 June 2020