Closed ATM View - AZ5913
Provision of High Voltage Electrical Engineering Support Services
Show close time for other time zones
1. The Department of Defence requires electrical engineering support to its Directorate of Estate Engineering Policy in the field of high voltage electrical installations and associated infrastructure. It is intended that a nominated individual(s) is/are made available who is/are capable of delivering the aspects of this Statement of Requirement brief. Subsequently, the criteria for selection will relate to the capabilities of the person(s) offered for the resource rather than the capabilities of the company offering the resource.
2. The desired resource would assist with a range of Defence estate electrical engineering responsibilities associated with high voltage electrical installations. This comprises and is not limited to:
a. Systems voltages up to 132,000 volts;
b. Underground and overhead networks;
c. Networks connected to and supplied by Network Service Providers;
d. Stand-alone networks islanded from any Network Service Providers;
e. Power Generation Systems, renewable and non renewable, connected to distribution networks;
f. 50 Hz and 60 Hz networks;
h. Protection systems and protection grading;
i. Network load flow analysis;
j. Network planning and;
k. Load monitoring, communications, control and management systems and
l. Other services as may be required.
1. It is planned to commence this contract effective from 30 March 2018.
2. The contract will be for a 3 year period and will finish on 30 March 2021, with the option for 2 by one year extensions with a possible finalisation date of 30 March 2023.
3. The workload varies from month to month and there will be periods where no services are required however, the services are to be available upon request. No minimum commitment of work will be made by Defence.
4. The project deliverables include the provision of timely technical advice, document review and policy inputs as required. It is anticipated that the majority of the task may be undertaken from the consultant’s offices. Some tasks may require the consultant to attend Defence establishments on an as needed basis and or to attend meetings and sites across Australia as required.
5. It is anticipated that the total average workload requirement across all consultants may be in the order of 40 hours per month. No minimum commitment of work will be made by Defence.
6. The resource/s will be required to have or able to obtain a Defence baseline security clearance and be eligible to obtain access to the Defence Restricted Network
30 March 2018 to 30 March 2021