Closed ATM View - FIN/010/17
Accounting and Financial Management Services
Show close time for other time zones
Finance is seeking Accounting and Financial services, to assist in the production of budget financial data published by the Australian Government, such as the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook and Final Budget Outcome, and prepare and publish the Australian Government’s general government sector monthly and annual whole of government Consolidated Financial Statements. This must be delivered in a way that is consistent with the relevant legislative and external reporting standards:
• The applicable legislative requirements under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 and Corporations Act 2001.
• Charter of Budget Honesty Act 1998.
• The Australian Bureau of Statistics’ (ABS) accrual Government Finance Statistics (GFS) publication, Australian system of government finance statistics: concepts, sources and methods, 2015 (cat. No. 5514.0), which in turn is based on the international monetary fund (IMF) accrual framework.
• Australian Accounting Standards (AAS), importantly AASB 1049 Whole of Government and General Government Sector Financial Reporting (AASB 1049).
• Any other significant professional pronouncements and policies relevant to financial accounting and reporting for the Commonwealth.
• Is a professional accounting service provider whose principal(s) are members of either CPA Australia or the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand;
• Has provided Certificates of Currency for the following insurances:
a. A public liability policy of insurance for an amount not less than $20 million per occurrence;
b. Workers compensation insurance as required by law; and
c. Professional indemnity insurance for an amount not less than $10 million per claim and in the aggregate any twelve-month period.
• Is able to provide documentation outlining how the Response provides economic benefit to the Australian economy (as per Paragraph 10.30 of the CPRs).
01/04/2018 – 31/03/2022