Closed ATM View - GA2018/830
Notice Only - In-space Components of an Australian Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS)
Show close time for other time zones
The intention of this notification is to provide an opportunity for potential suppliers of the in-space components of Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS) to provide feedback on current and future industry capacity and capability over the period 2018-2028. Geoscience Australia (GA) is exploring the development of operational capabilities comparable to those demonstrated during the Australian Government’s SBAS Testbed, www.ga.gov.au/sbas, and is seeking feedback on:
1. Currently available satellites capable of supporting a SBAS capability for Australia (in the region of interest shown below).
2. Planned in-space capabilities that might support a future Australian SBAS
3. Industry capacity and capability to respond to potential future in-space SBAS requirements.
A future operational Australian SBAS would ultimately require access to a minimum of two satellites providing services to the Australian mainland and maritime zones. The satellites would ultimately need be part of a system capable of achieving International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) safety-of-life certification and also meet the requirements to achieve Pseudo-Random Noise (PRN) allocation by the GPS Directorate.
Responses should address:
• Capabilities to transmit signals at the Global Positioning System (GPS)L1 frequency (1575.42 MHz) and L5 frequency (1176.45 MHz)
• Identified timing and capability constraints
• Risks to successful implementation
Feeback should be submitted to email@example.com
Information contained in any feedback given will NOT be used for any evaluation purpose. Rather, it may be used to better understand the capacity and capability of the market; and to inform government policy development. Feedback submitted will be treated as Commercial-in-Confidence.
This is a notice only, seeking feedback from potential suppliers up untill the ATM Close time.
Feedback should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org