Closed ATM View - DST MAGPIE 2020
MAGPIE Innovation Project
Show close time for other time zones
We seek responses from industry (in particular from small to medium enterprises engaging in technology development within Australia) with interests and experience in one or more of the following areas:
1. Software Defined Radio (SDR) devices for small tactical settings (for example: mounted in vehicles, on drones, in satellites, IoT/IoMT, or carried/dismount).
2. Waveform and signal processing (associated with IQ data) using FPGA, GPU and/or CPU and methods for rapidly changing processing across C5ISREW functions (in lower SWaP settings).
3. Utilising SDR for cyber, communications, RADAR, EW, SIGINT/ELINT or other Defence-relevant tactical functions.
4. Software frameworks for implementing, integrating and switching between a range of C5ISREW functions.
5. Addressing (i) multi-level security (MiLS/MLS); (ii) security virtualisation and separation; or (iii) cryptographic functions; in the context of tactical SDR hardware and software systems.
6. Multi-function antennae and apertures (including arrays) capable of supporting transmit and receive across multiple C5ISREW functions, that might be reconfigurable, wide-band or electronically steerable.
MAGPIE innovation activities may involve co-design and co-development of one or more prototype devices suitable for tactical settings and demonstrate flexible functionality across C5ISREW functions. Future challenges may extend to the intelligent and adaptive selection and control of functions. Therefore, respondents may also wish to address interests and experience in:
7. Artificial intelligence, machine learning or reinforcement learning techniques for adaptively controlling and/or switching between C5ISREW functions.
Tender responses are to be submitted electronically via the AusTender website www.tenders.gov.au using the 'Lodgement Page' link on this tender notification.