Closed ATM View - PRI-00004095
COAG Regulation Impact Statement on a Proposal to Include an Accessible Housing Standard in the NCC
Show close time for other time zones
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart
The ABCB invites suitably qualified consultants to submit a tender for research and analysis in the form of a COAG Consultation Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) on a proposal to require features to enable accessibility in Class 1a and Class 2 Sole Occupancy Units (SOUs) of the National Construction Code (NCC) Deliverables A-D). Note: Public consultation will be undertaken by the ABCB.
An assessment of public consultation, a Final RIS incorporating updated analysis, assumptions and discussion to reflect relevant information revealed through stakeholder consultation on the options (Deliverable E) as an extension option will be undertaken at the discretion of the Department.
The tenderer must demonstrate through their submission their understanding of:
• disability, impairment and demographics and how these influence housing choice;
• the building regulatory system, the housing market, the influences and contributors to housing stock and tenure;
• market, regulatory or behavioural failures relevant to the work and methods to establish and quantify them;
• relevant factors that influence the scope of potential benefits and costs, the interaction of other government policies such as, incentive schemes, state and territory planning, affordable housing policies, or the National Disability Insurance Scheme or private adjustments.
• A methodology which accounts for the need for research and a number for relevant matters outlined in the ATM.
A number of methodological considerations are described in the ATM and relevant matters can be found in the customer material
Previous COAG Regulation Impact Statements (RIS) assessed as adequate by the Office of Best Practice Regulation (OBPR) (for any COAG body).
The Contract will remain in force for a period of 365 Days from the date the Contract is entered into.
Extension Option at the discretion of the department, 90 days.
Tenders must be lodged electronically using AusTender