Closed ATM View - GA2022/506
Portable Analytical Instrumentation for Mobile Laboratory
Show close time for other time zones
Portable analytical instruments and ancillary equipment will analyse elements, minerals and physical properties in range of earth materials including:
• Whole rock (hand specimen sized samples and potentially in-situ)
• Rock powders
• Soil and loose sediments
• Water (surface and groundwater)
• Potentially: liquid oils and plant material
Anticipated use cases in the mobile laboratory facility include:
• Robust quantitative geochemical and mineralogical analysis of collected rock and soil samples for rapid reporting during and immediately after field survey.
• Geochemical and mineralogical screening of collected samples to identify samples of interest to be sent for further laboratory-based analysis.
• Real-time monitoring of geochemical and mineralogical properties of collected samples to aid dynamic design of sample collection program.
• Immediate analysis of acquired water samples for time sensitive water quality parameters prior to sample storage and transport for further analysis.
• Rapid and safe demonstration of analytical techniques to public audience.
Instruments should be fit for purpose for Australian field conditions, adaptable for a range of matrix materials and compliant with relevant safety standards. Innovative capabilities to adapt for future uses and third-party data analysis applications is also required.
No Mandatory Conditions for Participation are specified
By 30 June 2022