Closed ATM View - 10021824
Norfolk Island Government House Grounds Keeping
Show close time for other time zones
The grounds at Government House are divided into three zones – gardens, parklands and former stockyards. The garden area is 7618 square metres which includes approximately 2600 square metres of a fenced formal garden to the front of the house (the ‘formal garden’), the rear entry and two internal courtyards and two light wells. Abutting the gardens are the parklands, 17,106 square metres of trees and lawns; and, 4978 square metres of stockyards.
The required services consist of:
• Garden and general maintenance
This function will plan, prioritise, undertake and monitor garden and general maintenance operations. Garden maintenance will cover the gardens zone and former dairy area located within the stockyards. General maintenance will primarily include minor building maintenance and vehicle cleaning.
• Lawn Care
The lawn care function will plan, prioritise, undertake and monitor lawn care operations in the parklands and stockyards zone.
The provision of gardening, lawn care and general maintenance services will contribute to achieving the following objectives:
• Preservation and care of evidence (extant and archaeological) of early settlement
• Care of the Government House precinct as a significant place in the social life of the Norfolk Island Community
• Management of the property as an official residence and venue for official functions, and
• Legislated and other protection responsibilities at all levels of government.
2 Years commencing from 1 July 2021.
Electronic lodgement only should be made by accessing the AusTender system at https://www.tenders.gov.au