Closed ATM View - Health/22-301174
Provision of COVID-19 Vaccination Administration by Residential Aged Care Providers
Show close time for other time zones
This request document provides a background to the use of residential aged care providers in Australia for the COVID-19 Vaccination Program, details how approved residential aged care providers may make a submission to be a Vaccination Provider under the program, and the minimum requirements to participate. All prospective respondents should carefully consider each section of the request documentation. The proposed provision of services is designed to provide maximum flexibility and ownership by residential aged care facilities to deliver approved vaccinations to their own residents and staff.
Residential aged care providers must be able to deliver the following Services:
- safe, targeted and timely administration of approved COVID-19 vaccine (Vaccine) for residential aged care staff, residents and family members Staff (as defined in Annexure A), in line with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) clinical guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine.
- all aspects of Vaccine administration detailed in the Statement of Work at Appendix 1 of Attachment 1 (Contract), including (but not limited to) a trained workforce; clinical governance arrangements; stock and inventory management; eligibility checking; scheduling of appointments to manage supply and demand; reporting including adverse event monitoring, follow-up dose and boosters, and record of immunisation into the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR); cold chain management and wastage.
- safely administer the Vaccine and deal with any adverse events.
- Agree to enter into a contract (Attachment 1) with the Commonwealth.
- Understand the Statement of Work (Appendix 1 to Attachment 1) which sets out the requirements for the vaccination services and proposed price structure (Appendix 2 to Attachment 1).
- Be able to meet the Essential Requirements in Attachment 2 to undertake COVID-19 vaccination administration for residential aged care staff, residents and family members.
- Complete and submit the Response Schedule (Attachment 2).
Respondents must be able to meet the Essential Requirements outlined in Attachment 2 Response Schedule, including confirmation that the Respondent is an approved provider of residential aged care as referred to in the Aged Care Act 1997.
March 2022 – 30 June 2022