Closed ATM View - SPC-7666
Show close time for other time zones
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart
As part of the Australian Taxation Office’s IT Strategic Sourcing Program multiple bundles of work, the ATO is seeking the provision of Mainframe requirements. This Request For Tender (RFT) seeks Tender responses for Options, as follows:
• Option 1- Mainframe as a Service (MFaaS); and / or
• Option 2:
o Option 2.A - Mainframe Hardware (MFH); and
o Option 2.B - Mainframe Services (MFS).
The ATO utilises the Mainframe Environment primarily to provide access to application backend data. The function of the Mainframe System is to provide services for data processing for ATO Applications that are dependent on the data hosted within the Environment (DB2).
The Mainframe system comprises an IBM zSeries processor with the associated storage, virtual tape, and switching infrastructure. The Mainframe uses TCP/IP to connect to devices within ATONet. The Mainframe has been split into numerous logical partitions (LPARs) which host one or more application environments.
The ATO is seeking a Service Provider to provide a Mainframe as a Service (MFaaS) offering (Option 1). Alternatively, the ATO intends to acquire Mainframe Hardware (Option 2.A) and Mainframe Services (Option 2.B) separately. In all Options, the ATO is also seeking to directly license a number of software packages not provided as part of any of the above Options.
For more detailed information on the statement of requirements, please refer to Part 2 Statement of Requirements.
The ATO will be holding a virtual Industry Briefing for this RFT – SPC 7666 on the 27 of April, 4 - 5:30 pm (ACT time).
In relation to the Industry Briefing:
- Attendance is not compulsory or a Condition of Response to the RFT, however, interested parties are encouraged to attend.
- Interested parties must pre-register their interest in attending the RFT Industry Briefing. After registration, a password will be provided for attendance at the webinar.
· The RFT Industry Briefing details are as detailed below:
- To be held 04:00pm - 05.30pm (local time in Canberra) on Wednesday 27 April 2022
- Registration: https://ato.webex.com/ato/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec26e19664757d0c1ec9457164520f272
- The ATO will record the event and will provide a link to the recoding in AusTender via an addendum.
Tenderers are required to complete and return the Data Room Confidentiality Undertaking Deed Poll at TRF A to Part 3 – Response Form General to SPC-7666_MF@ato.gov.au for access to the secure data room.
Please note that there is no contact phone number available, all correspondence for this tender is through SPC-7666_MF@ato.gov.au
Refer to Part 1 - Conditions of Tender
The ATO proposes to enter into a Contract with the successful tenderer(s) by March 2023 for an Initial Contract period of 3 years and with additional 3+2+2 years option terms.