Closed ATM View - CER-009108
Carbon Market Expert
Show close time for other time zones
The Clean Energy Regulator is seeking a carbon market expert to undertake user research into the makeup of the carbon market, including capturing who the players are, the different commercial models and how these models might develop in the future, in particular, how they would respond to the development of an exchange traded market.
What we need:
We want someone wo knows, or who can get access to, allthe players in the carbon market. We want to understand what carbon market players need to grow the market, understand the scope of innovation that we might see as part of the future carbon market and identify potential risks to, or arising from the existence of an exchange platform.
You will have commercial insights to the business models, be able to bring understanding of the types of engagements that will occur and can provide a path to manage any conflicts or potential conflicts as they may be industry players. If currently in the market, you must be able to engage across the market broadly. If you currently operate outside the carbon market, you will need to demonstrate ability to understand and access all segments across the whole market
Identify all different players in the carbon market
- Demand (including businesses and state and territory government)
- Different intermediaries
- Different business models of the players
Interview and harvest of information from CER staff
- Knowledge that we have
Map out all the different players in the carbon market
- (Must include their own model if they are in the space). Visual product describing interactions between market players or alternative product (by agreement) describing the market players and interactions
Run workshops with different segments
- What needs do the different players/segments want out of the new carbon market
- Ideas for innovations on how the new market could operate
- Risks/concerns arising from the existence of an exchange platform
- Workshop design including questions and approach
- Workshop events – delivered in appropriate formats i.e. face to face or online
No Mandatory Conditions for participation have been provided.