Closed ATM View - 230-P03
Project 230 - Moem Barracks Live-In Accommodation (Design and Construct)
Show close time for other time zones
In April 2021, the Australian Government committed to deliver infrastructure upgrades for the benefit of the Papua New Guinea Defence Force (PNGDF) as Project 230 - Moem Barracks Live-In Accommodation.
The Project will be a Design and Construct procurement, managed by the Australian Army's Project Management Unit, 19th Chief Engineer Works (19 CE Works). 19 CE Works will act as the Contract Administrator, representing the Commonwealth for the Project. 19 CE Works and the successful contractor will work in conjunction with the Client (International Policy Division) and User (PNGDF).
A summary of the scope of works is as follows:
- Item 01 — investigation of the existing accommodation building slab for suitability for the proposed Works;
- Item 02 — confirmation of the suitability of connecting services and the existing backup network including water pressure, electrical circuit capacity and sewer capacity of the existing network the building will connect into to determine if any immediate upgrades are required;
- Item 03 — execution of the Contractor's Activities referrable to the Design Phase;
- Item 04 — demolition of the existing slab (if required);
- Item 05 — construction of a 100 person accommodation block, which must:
- provide 100 bed spaces;
- provide for no more than 4 persons per room;
- have ground floor showers, ablutions, laundry and latrine facilities (male and female);
- have a free standing undercover drying structure;
- have an internal breezeway wide enough to conduct informal training;
- have connection to water, electrical and sewer networks; and
- include a rainwater capture system installed to service the building as a backup system for the main water system;
- Item 06 — connection to mains water supply line at suitable point;
- Item 07 — connection to main sewer line at suitable point;
- Item 08 — connection to ring road underground storm water and surface water control structures;
- Item 9 — provision of training to PNGDF maintenance staff on use and maintenance of the facility through provision of operating manuals and a dedicated training package; and
- Item 10 — provision of local trades training during construction.
Commencement of Construction Works is expected in November 2021.
The full scope of works and associated documents have not been attached. To obtain the full scope of works documentation, tenderers are to submit a signed copy of the DISCLAIMER AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT to the nominated Tender Administrator email address (email@example.com).
The Tender Administrator will then release the additional Tender Documentation to tenderers within 1-2 business days via email.
An industry briefing will occur on 02 July 21. Due to the travel restrictions arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, the industry briefing will be conducted via videoconference (which may incorporate videorecording in part) and no site tour or Tenderer meetings will be offered. Legal and Probity Advisors will be present at the industry briefing, as applicable. Tenderers wishing to attend must follow the registration process set out in the Tender Documents.
As per Tender Particulars.
Design Phase: Award Date until Date for Delivery Approval
Construction Phase: November 2021 - November 2022 (latest)