Closed ATM View - SPC-7668/1
Advance Notice - Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Services
Show close time for other time zones
As part of the Australian Taxation Office’s IT Strategic Sourcing Program, the ATO is approaching the market for technology Services via a Request for Tender (RFT) SPC-7668 Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Services (HCI). The RFT will have a 10-week open period.
HCI is a discrete and self-contained ‘as-a-Service’ platform that provides the ATO with on-demand access to compute, storage and connectivity for both Midrange Platform and End User services. The HCI Services provide a key foundational capability in the ATO's Multi-vendor Environment (MVE), and as such play an important role in integrating with Application and Infrastructure Services delivered by the EOTE and ESM Service Providers.
The ATO has a Cloud First policy and a strong desire to continue to move apps and workloads to the Cloud. However there remains a continued need for on-premise solutions long term. The ATO is seeking platforms that provide the best technical capability aligned to the way our application teams need to work with flexible commercial arrangements that provide the best value for money.
While the HCI tender does seek to transfer existing assets to the new provider, the tender allows for suppliers to provide alternative solutions that could include other HCI platforms or non-HCI alternatives which meet the ATO’s requirements (for example: hybrid cloud or cloud solutions). Such alternatives would need to demonstrate value for money when compared to HCI platforms and include a robust approach to migration and compatibility risk treatment options.
The ATO will be holding a virtual Industry Briefing for RFT – SPC 7668 HCI in conjunction with RFT – SPC 7667 for Midrange and Data Centre Services (MIDC) on the 21st of September, 9:00am to 11:30am (ACT time).
1. Attendance is not compulsory or a Condition of Response to the RFT, however, interested parties are encouraged to attend.
2. Interested parties must pre-register their interest in attending the RFT Industry Briefing. After registration, a password will be provided for attendance at the webinar.
3. The RFT Industry Briefing details are as detailed below:
- To be held 9:00am to 11:30am (local time in Canberra) on Wednesday 21st September 2022.
- The ATO will record the event and will provide a link to the recording in AusTender via an addendum.
None. This is advance notice only.
Not applicable. This is advance notice only.