Closed ATM View - AZ6281
C8964-EST02142 - Irwin Barracks Redevelopment/Leeuwin Barracks Consolidation Project, Western Australia
Show close time for other time zones
The works comprise design and delivery of redevelopment investment at Irwin Barracks (including works to relevant services), and provision of working and living accommodation at Irwin to accommodate elements relocating from Leeuwin Barracks.
The Managing Contractor services include delivery of design (through 5%, 30%, 50%, 90% and final design stages), assistance in siting board and project approvals, procurement of design subconsultants and trade packages, and management of the following and related works to redevelop Irwin Barracks and provide facilities for those Leeuwin Barracks agencies relocated (consolidated) into Irwin Barracks, within budget:
• on-site consultation and coordination for design and for construction activity with resident (or proposed resident) Agencies, and other key stakeholders including CIOG;
• assembly of asset assessment, contamination survey and disposal, master planning (in accordance with Irwin Zone Plan), indicative construction program, likelihood of overflow storage works into Palmer Barracks, and initial concepts and costings to facilitate scope definition within budget constraints;
• GDL and data assembly for GEMS, with GDL shells completed before or during the 90% design stage;
• demolition of facilities and infrastructure that is inconsistent with the required redevelopment/ consolidation scope or other use;
• upgrade of relevant existing services and in-ground infrastructure, the capacity to provide for the increased Leeuwin dependency demand;
• upgrade and refurbishment of relevant existing facilities, including working accommodation, physical fitness facilities, base access, headquarters buildings and training facilities;
• new facilities, including those required to replace existing facilities and to accommodate the increased dependency;
• new services and in-ground infrastructure, including those required to replace existing services/infrastructure and to accommodate the increased dependency of additional personnel; and
• office removal services to relocate Leeuwin dependencies to Irwin Barracks.
The works are to meet Irwin Barracks’ area sustainment and operational support capabilities, taking into account the expected dependency increase arising from the Leeuwin personnel and need to avoid disruption.
Disclaimer and Confidentiality Agreement
The Disclaimer and Confidentiality Agreement is available by clicking on "ATM Documents".
Tenderers are required to download, complete, duly execute and return the Disclaimer and Confidentiality Agreement by email to the Contact Officer.
The Tender Documents contain Confidential Information. Further information regarding the Tenderer's obligations in respect of Confidential Information is set out in the Disclaimer and Confidentiality Agreement and the Tender Documents.
Sensitive or Classified Information
The whole or any part of the Tender Documents contain Sensitive or Classified information. The highest level of Classified Information is For Official Use Only.
Further information regarding the Tenderer's obligations in respect of Sensitive and Classified Information is set out in the Disclaimer and Confidentiality Agreement and the Tender Documents.
An industry briefing will be conducted on 8 September 2020, online (via a video conferencing application). Details will be confirmed following Contact Officer receipt of the executed Disclaimer and Confidentiality Agreement.
Further information regarding the industry briefing is provided in the Tender Documents.
Building Code 2016
The Building Code 2016 applies. If the Building Code 2016 applies then by lodging a Tender, the Tenderer will become subject to the Building Code 2016.
Further information regarding the Building Code 2016 is provided in the Tender Documents (including conditions of participation and minimum form and content requirements).
WHS Accreditation Scheme
The WHS Accreditation Scheme pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry (Improving Productivity) Act 2016 (Cth) applies. Further information regarding the WHS Accreditation Scheme is provided in the Tender Documents.
Indigenous Procurement Policy
The Australian Government's new Indigenous Procurement Policy took effect on 1 July 2015. Further information regarding the Indigenous Procurement Policy is provided in the Tender Documents (including, if it applies potential minimum form and content requirements).
The Commonwealth does offer the Tenderer an opportunity to lodge its Tender on a Joint Bid Basis. Further information regarding Joint Bids is provided in the Tender Documents.
The Works described in the Tender Documents are a "public work" and therefore subject to section 18 of the Public Works Committee Act 1969 (Cth).
Links to Defence websites
The evaluation criteria are described in the Tender Documents.
Minimum Form and Content Requirements
The minimum form and content requirements are described in the Tender Documents.
Conditions for Participation
The conditions for participation are described in the Tender Documents.
The Conditions for Participation are described in Tender Documents.
The Award Date for the Managing Contractor Contract is anticipated to be on or about 20 November 2020, with Construction Completion on or about 1 September 2026 (subject to the Project being able to achieve approvals relevant to proceeding past the Planning Phase).
Defence Mail Services
Decipha, Level 1
53 - 73 Alinga Street
Canberra City ACT 2601
(Access is through the rear Loading dock - please use intercom)