Closed ATM View - PROC-9176569
National Risk Management Initiative – Action Research Groups
Show close time for other time zones
The National Risk Management Initiative (NRMI) is a GRDC initiative extending over five years that aims to understand and improve risk-reward outcomes for Australian grain growers through participatory action research (PAR).
Explicitly the NRMI aims to:
1. develop an improved understanding of the risk-reward relationships for important on-farm management practices and decisions,
2. inform growers and their advisers of new insights into managing risks and maximising rewards, and
3. challenge grower decision-making so future management decisions are thought of in terms of probability of upside returns offset against the associated downside risks.
In PAR, growers and their advisers will quantify the probabilities of uncertainty of outcomes and assess the risk-reward payoffs for given management decisions in the context of their own farming operations. At the conclusion of NRMI, a suite of extension packages and artefacts (decision support tools) will continue to inform and challenge grain growers, their consultants and advisers to consider farm management decisions as informed by probable rewards (profit $/ha) and associated probable risks (loss $/ha).
GRDC is seeking to engage up to twelve (12) ARGs nationally to undertake participatory action research (PAR) programs that form the core deliverable of the NRMI. Parties interested in participating as an ARG are encouraged to form consortia that could encompass grower groups, consultants, agribusiness, Drought Resilience Adoption and Innovation Hubs, and relevant scientific support to address their nominated Themes.
Applying for GRDC investments is done using the GRDC Grains Investment Portal. Once registered, users can visit the Portal anytime.
To register as a user, please visit https://access.grdc.com.au/
• Click on the register button at the top right-hand side.
• Complete the Registration Form. Fill in all the fields: your email address, a password and the captcha. Your password must be alphanumeric with at least one special character (i.e. not a letter or number). Click register to continue the process.
• Registration is confirmed by the system sending an email to you, with details to complete the registration process.
• Once the registration process is complete, you can sign in and review all investments open for tender
Once you have located this investment, you can commence the application process by completing the details for each field available, until you reach “Submit Application” on the last page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Tegan Slade via email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online support function available.
The following are mandatory conditions with which a Tenderer must comply to participate in this procurement process:
1 The Tenderer must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners except where the Tender is submitted by a consortium and the Tender specifies that each member of the proposed consortium will be party to the contract.
2 The Tenderer and any proposed subcontractor must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
3 The Tenderer and any subcontractor must not have a judicial decision against it (not including decisions under appeal) relating to employee entitlements and who have not paid the claim.
4 The Tenderer and any subcontractor must not be named on the Consolidated List, being the list of persons and entities who are subject to targeted financial sanctions or travel bans under Australian sanction laws, as maintained by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
5 In accordance with the Black Economy Procurement Connected Policy, a Tenderer must include a satisfactory and valid Statement of Tax Records (STR). If the total value of all work under any proposed subcontract is expected to be equal to or above $4 million (inclusive of GST), also include a separate satisfactory and valid STR of that proposed subcontractor.
November 2022 to December 2027
Tenderers must submit their responses electronically through the Grains Investment Portal at: https://access.grdc.com.au
For information on 'Applying' and how to register refer to the ATM details on the GRDC's Website