Closed ATM View - FIN/013/17
Health and Medical Assessment Services for COMCAR Staff
Show close time for other time zones
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart
COMCAR, within Department of Finance, provides high quality car-with-driver services to a broad range of entitled clients, including the Governor-General, the Prime Minister, other Office Holders, Members of the Federal Judiciary and Senators and Members.
COMCAR driving staff undergo scheduled health and medical assessments based on (as a minimum) the medical requirements for drivers of commercial (public passenger) vehicles detailed in Assessing Fitness to Drive, a joint publication of Austroads and the National Transport Commission.
The Service Provider must:
• be a registered medical services provider
• provide suitably accredited and trained staff to undertake the Services
• ensure that all staff are experienced in the provision of the Services to a diverse range of people
• in consultation with COMCAR, modify and/or develop assessment criteria specifically designed to meet COMCAR’s requirements
• develop and deliver the Services in a consistent manner across all Australian States and Territories
• ensure that confidential information, including individuals’ medical information, is not disclosed to third parties without written approval from the Assistant Secretary, COMCAR
• deliver all documents to Finance electronically
• deliver copies of medical reports to staff members’ nominated General Practitioner when requested
• provide suitable venues and facilities to conduct the assessments
• provide an online portal for appointment bookings.
Tenderers must be registered, licensed or approved medical practitioners (as appropriate) and provide the Services in accordance with all relevant codes, professional standards and legislation applicable to the Services.
The Contract will remain in force for a period of three (3) years from the date the Contract is entered into.
The Contract will include two (2) extension periods of one (1) year each, to be exercised at the sole discretion of the Commonwealth