Annual Procurement Plan View - Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency
To follow the progress of Planned Procurements of interest add them to a Watch List by clicking the star icon on the right of the Planned Procurement notice.
IMPORTANT: All Planned Procurements are subject to revision, withdrawal or cancellation. Information about Planned Procurements is provided for planning purposes only and it does not represent a solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment by the Government to purchase the described property or services.
Strategic Procurement Outlook
The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency will be procuring a range of goods and services to assist in meeting the goals and achieving the outcomes of the National Strategic Plan to prevent exposure to asbestos fibres, in order to eliminate asbestos-related disease in Australia.
The goals of the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency are:
· Awareness: Increase public awareness of the health dangers posed by working with or being exposed to asbestos leading to long term behavioural change
· Best Practice: Best practice in asbestos handling and management identified and shared nationally
· Identification: Location and condition of all ACMs in government and commercial buildings known and recorded
· Removal: Development and implementation of an asbestos removal program across Australia, which prioritises the removal of high risk ACMs
· Research: Coordinated national research on asbestos exposure, and prevention and treatment of asbestos related diseases
· International Leadership: Australia continuing to play a leadership role in a global campaign for a worldwide asbestos ban
To support its activities, ASEA will, from time to time, procure a range of goods and services.
Research into identification, removal and disposal practices of in-situ asbestos and asbestos contaminated sites