Closed ATM View - PROC-9175596
The provision of NVT Sorghum field trials
Show close time for other time zones
The Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) is a statutory corporation established under the Primary Industries Research and Development Act 1989. It is subject to accountability and reporting obligations set out in the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013. It is responsible for planning, investing in and overseeing research and development, and delivering improvements in production, sustainability and profitability across the Australian grains industry.
The National Variety Trial (NVT) program combines Australia’s largest standardised variety trial network with world leading statistical technique to provide the Australian grains industry with accurate predictions of variety performance.
In 2017-18, the sorghum NVT program evaluated 24 sorghum entries (from 7 companies) across 21 sites. It is proposed that this program be extended for a further three years.
The opportunity now lies in driving greater returns from the GRDC sorghum NVT results through addressing key program challenges whilst delivering against the broader GRDC organisational objectives.
As part of the evolution of NVT, a pilot set of NVT trials in 2017-18 to inform the structure and protocols of any ongoing investment in sorghum NVT was carried out. Contracting of stage two is from 2018-19 to 2020-21.
In the stage two phase of the investment, there will be trials in each of the 7 major productions areas. Trial numbers, locations and protocols have been provided. There will be 1 time of sowing (TOS) in each of the production areas.
The GRDC seeks third party providers to contract up to 25 and a minimum of 21 sorghum evaluation trials for three years from 2018-19 to 2020-21. These trials will be undertaken according to specific protocols (attached).
In preparing your application for this tender please carefully read and fill-in all documentation provided.
There are three documents (provided on the GRDC website under the RFT):
- NVT Protocols - Sorghum
- GRDC Base NVT Protocols
- NVT Sorghum pricing template
Note: the NVT Sorghum Pricing template has been categorised into four price groupings or ‘contract zones’. Applicants should submit their pricing for all trials within the contract zones they wish to apply for.
GRDC may at some point wish to engage third party providers to access sorghum NVT trials to take additional non-destructive samples/measurements. It will be expected that the successful sorghum NVT trial providers will facilitate/support trial site access where necessary.
- Implementation plan: a clear and thorough plan to deliver against the NVT protocols.
- Independence from Breeders (i.e. your organisation is not breeding and/or does not have a financial stake in commercial grain sorghum breeding/seed marketing activities);
- Capability; Demonstrated track record of the project team, including:
- relevant achievements of the project leader in providing leadership, co-ordination, management, monitoring and evaluation and the timely delivery of high quality trial outputs
- relevant technical knowledge and experience of all key personnel (including proposed subcontractors) in the research area
- Capacity; including personnel, machinery and business systems
- Price (as per costing sheet provided) demonstrating value for money;
- Ability to meet sowing time obligations for the 2018-19 season and beyond
- Demonstrated track-record of collaborating and/or working with third-parties in the delivery of aligned R&D outcomes
No budget range will be provided for this project. The GRDC is focussed on delivering value to Australian grain grower; therefore, your application must demonstrate fair market value.
This investment will be contracted on a GRDC NVT Services Agreement which is available on the GRDC website.
This project will run from August 2018 to 30 June 2021.
The application end date for this investment is 5pm ACT local time on Monday 30 July 2018, as advised on the Grains Investment Portal and all applications must be submitted via the portal prior to this closing date for consideration.
All requests for further information or clarification in relation to these investments should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5pm ACT local time on Monday 23 July 2018. All requests and responses will be published on the GRDC website.
- The Applicant must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners
- The Applicant must be financially viable. For the purposes of this condition, “financially viable” means that the Tender has not had any of the following events occur in respect of it:
- A meeting of creditors being called or held within the past five years;
- the appointment of a liquidator, provisional liquidator or administrator within the past five years;
- the appointment of a controller (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act (2001)), or analogous person appointed, including in respect of any of its property within the past five years;
- a failure to comply with a statutory demand in respect of the payment of any debt;
- an inability to pay debts as they fall due or otherwise becoming insolvent;
- becoming incapable of managing its own affairs for any reason;
- taking any step resulting in insolvency under administration (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001); and
- entering into a compromise or arrangement with, or assignment for the benefit of, any of its creditors, or any analogous event.
This project will run from August 2018 to 30 June 2021.
Applications will be submitted through the Grains Investment Portal – https://access.grdc.com.au
Applying for GRDC investments is now done using the GRDC Grains Investment Portal. Once registered, users can visit the Portal anytime.
To register as a first-time user, please visit https://access.grdc.com.au/
• Click on the register button at the top right-hand side.
• Complete the Registration Form. Fill in all the fields: your email address, a password and the captcha. Your password must be alphanumeric with at least one special character (i.e. not a letter or number). Click register to continue the process.
• Registration is confirmed by the system sending an email to you, with details to complete the registration process.
• Once the registration process is complete, you can sign in and review all investments open for tender
Once you have located this investment, you can commence the application process by completing the details for each field available, until you reach "Submit Application" on the last page.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Linda McDougall via email email@example.com or use the online support function available.