Closed ATM View - PROC-9175628
Optimising sorghum yield through agronomic management
Show close time for other time zones
The value of sorghum production has been increasing steadily in the GRDC northern region, primarily due to significant increases in export markets, rather than increases in crop yields. Yields have risen at a yearly average rate of only 0.03 tonnes per hectare per annum from 2003-2015. To optimise sorghum yield potential an understanding of the impacts from adopting advanced agronomic practices is required in order to deliver whole farm benefits.
The proposed activity seeks to assist growers increase yield by 3% per annum. This investment will focus on three primary areas: time of sowing, risk and opportunity associated with early sowing and agronomic management guidelines in each of the key sorghum production zones of Qld. and NSW (environment types).
For full details on this ATM and any associated attachments and information on any questions and answers relating to this ATM, visit https://grdc.com.au/research/applying-and-reporting/current-procurement/open-tenders
All applications must be submitted via the Grains Investment Portal – https://access.grdc.com.au
To register as a first-time user, please visit https://access.grdc.com.au/
- Click on the register button at the top right-hand side.
- Complete the Registration Form. Fill in all the fields: your email address, a password and the captcha. Your password must be alphanumeric with at least one special character (i.e. not a letter or number). Click register to continue the process.
- Registration is confirmed by the system sending an email to you, with details to complete the registration process.
- Once the registration process is complete, you can sign in and review all investments open for tender
Once you have located this investment, you can commence the application process by completing the details for each field available, until you reach “Submit Application” on the last page.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Tegan Slade, Contracts Administrator via email email@example.com or use the online support function available.
1. The Applicant must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners
2. The Applicant must be financially viable. For the purposes of this condition, “financially viable” means that the Tender has not had any of the following events occur in respect of it:
• a meeting of creditors being called or held within the past five years;
• the appointment of a liquidator, provisional liquidator or administrator within the past five years;
• the appointment of a controller (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act (2001)), or analogous person appointed, including in respect of any of its property within the past five years;
• a failure to comply with a statutory demand in respect of the payment of any debt;
• an inability to pay debts as they fall due or otherwise becoming insolvent;
• becoming incapable of managing its own affairs for any reason;
• taking any step resulting in insolvency under administration (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001); and
• entering into a compromise or arrangement with, or assignment for the benefit of, any of its creditors, or any analogous event.
3. The Applicant and any proposed subcontractor must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
4. The Applicant must include in its application details of any known circumstances that may give rise to an actual or potential Conflict of Interest with GRDC in responding to this procurement. The Applicant’s response will be taken into account in the evaluation.
1 July 2018 to 30 June 2023
Tenderers must submit their responses electronically through the Grains Investment Portal at https://access.grdc.com.au
For information on "Applying" and how to register refer to the ATM details on the GRDC's Website https://grdc.com.au/research/applying-and-reporting/current-procurement/open-tenders