Closed ATM View - GRDC00348
GRDC Branded Communication – Improving Grower Access to Relevant Research: National Regional and Local Videos and Podcas
Show close time for other time zones
The Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) wishes to engage a suitably qualified video and audio producer to work with the Corporation in producing a range of videos and podcasts about key grains research topics and research findings, in the interests of providing these for use by growers and advisers in learning about and adopting improved technologies on-farm.
The GRDC has identified continuing opportunities to enhance grower learning through broader use of innovative digital media including videos and podcasts.
Growers have had access to a range of multimedia products and services focussed on building awareness of GRDC investments, with 33% of growers and 20% of advisers accessing GRDC video and audio materials.
In recent years growers have been able to access more advanced and detailed grains research information products, including a range of digital media and channels. Increasingly there are opportunities to integrate multimedia materials, including video and audio, into the body of communication and extension resources to assist growers where complex learning principles are involved. These multimedia materials will also play a role in GRDC’s increased use of social media channels to communicate with growers and stakeholders.
This Approach to Market aims to maintain and expand the use of digital video and audio content to assist grain growers with different learning styles to build knowledge on complex topics.
It seeks an experienced video and podcast producer who takes a ‘best practice’ approach to multimedia production and can provide GRDC with innovative ideas regarding new and effective formats and approaches.
It is expected that videos and podcasts may be in different formats for different purposes, and that each video or podcast would be reversioned for different platforms. For example, GRDC has been piloting the production of short videos from regional Research Updates and has also produced more instructional “how to” videos. GRDC is looking for a supplier who can assist with all styles and content.
Examples of previous videos and podcasts where specific principles and/or technologies can be demonstrated in greater detail to improve understanding can be found on the GRDC website. Podcasts can be found at: https://grdc.com.au/news-and-media/podcasts and videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/theGRDC
1. By 30 May 2018, and reviewed/updated by 30 January 2019, submit an acceptable video and podcast topic and production calendar, based on consultations with GRDC regional Grower Relations Managers and national Senior Manager, Integrated Communications. The calendar would be based on an analysis of existing video and audio products, evaluated against local/regional issues as prioritised by the regional Grower Relations Managers and identified by GRDC Regional Cropping Solution Groups (Grower Solution Groups in the Northern Region) and Regional Panels. The calendar will identify priority topics of regional investment-area practice change for communication/extension, and will be used with guidance through the season from the regional GRDC Grower Relations Managers, to produce video and podcast products for each region.
2. By 30 March 2019 produce up to 30 video and 30 audio products (podcasts) per region capable of delivery as stand-alone products, being consistent with and supportive of GRDC’s other branded communication products, that are available for use on a range of operating systems including mobile (e.g. iOS / iTunes / Android / Windows), and that are compliant with GRDC’s video and audio production guide.
3. Quarterly reports on user behaviors (access and usage) by topic and video/audio segment, using an agreed analytic measure that enables regular performance monitoring and impact evaluation.
The tenderer will be expected to:
• Collaborate with GRDC regional Grower Relations Managers for guidance about topics, timing, formats and source data or ‘talent’ on an on-going basis through the investment period.
• Access GRDC-supported RDE research sites and interview research providers at no additional cost to the research provider,
• Provide video and audio content in formats appropriate for the GRDC website, You Tube channel, Podcasts, digital publications and social media channels as required and in consultation with GRDC staff (notably regional Grower Relations Managers) and other GRDC communication contractors,
• Ensure that all content meets GRDC’s video and audio production guide and accessibility requirements,
• Provide appropriate grower-friendly metadata to ensure searchability is optimised across digital platforms,
• Ensure that all products follow GRDC branding, trademarking, copyright and privacy requirements,
• Achieve balance across the 3 GRDC regions of topics and coverage, as guided by regional and national GRDC management,
• Engage formally each three months with the GRDC regionally and nationally to plan and have approved regional and national opportunities, and
• Collaborate with other GRDC communication contractors.
Selection Criteria include:
1. Demonstrated ability to meet tender requirements, milestone timeframes and quality standards
2. An understanding of the nature and importance of this work to the GRDC and the wider grains industry for enhancing the understanding and adoption of grains research outcomes by growers and advisers.
3. Confirmed commitment to comply with GRDC video and audio upload and other digital compliance requirements
4. Demonstrated access to and ability to develop grower/researcher and grains industry networks. Physical ability of the project team to engage with GRDC regional managers, research subjects, to enable efficient and reliable conduct of the project, including describing the location of the project team.
5. Proven capability to deliver services at a high standard, and at short notice, across all Australian grain growing regions. A demonstrated ability to use best practice approaches to video and podcast development, and to explore innovative means of presenting grains research information using these media.
6. Demonstrated technical knowledge, experience, and innovation capacity of all key personnel, including sub-contractors if applicable.
7. Sound knowledge and adherence to GRDC video and audio style, branding, messaging, publishing approvals WCAG 3.0 (worldwide web consortium accessibility guidelines) compliance and reporting requirements.
8. Freedom to operate in provision of the project outputs, including Provider and 3rd party intellectual property.
9. Quality and effectiveness of risk controls.
10. Demonstrated value for money.
Documents can be viewed and downloaded at: http://www.grdc.com.au/Apply/Current-Tenders
1. The Tenderer must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners
2. The Tenderer must be financially viable. For the purposes of this condition, “financially viable” means that the Tenderer has not had any of the following events occur in respect of it:
a) a meeting of creditors being called or held within the past five years;
b) the appointment of a liquidator, provisional liquidator or administrator within the past five years;
c) the appointment of a controller (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act (2001), or analogous person appointed, including in respect of any of its property within the past five years;
d) a failure to comply with a statutory demand in respect of the payment of any debt;
e) an inability to pay debts as they fall due or otherwise becoming insolvent;
f) becoming incapable of managing its own affairs for any reason;
g) taking any step resulting in insolvency under administration (as defined in section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001);
h) entering into a compromise or arrangement with, or assignment for the benefit of, any of its creditors, or any analogous event.
3. The Tenderer and any proposed subcontractor must not be named as not complying with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012
4. The Tenderer must include in its tender details of any known circumstances that may give rise to an actual or potential Conflict of Interest with GRDC in responding to this RFT or in the provision of any of the Southern Regional Cropping Solutions Networks. The Tenderer’s response will be taken into account in the evaluation.
16 March 2018 – 30 March 2019
Applications are to be made using the GRDC Investment Portal: https://access.grdc.com.au
Additions documents to accompany the application can be downloaded from the GRDC website (http://www.grdc.com.au/Apply/Current-Tenders) and attached to their application as submitted in the GRDC Grains Investment Portal (https://access.grdc.com.au)
Tenderers will need to register to become a user before using the Portal