Closed ATM View - PROC-9175814
Facilitated action learning groups to support profitable irrigated farming systems in the northern and southern regions.
Show close time for other time zones
This investment will establish eight facilitated Action Learning Groups (ALGs) in the southern Murray Darling Basin (SMDB), South-East SA and SA/Victorian Mallee. Each group will have a minimum 10 growers and advisers. The ALGs will use a participatory learning approach to benchmark, test and validate assumptions and key learnings arising from the proposed irrigation investments (see Background). It is a hands on approach as opposed to growers and advisers being provided with findings at the end of the research period.
Participants of ALGs will be actively involved in:
• Developing and validating agronomic practices on-farm with the aim to realise the genetic potential of grain crops grown under irrigation.
• Increasing yield potential of irrigated crops through evaluation and on farm adoption of novel amelioration techniques that improve soil structure.
• Benchmarking irrigation systems and testing assumptions in order to optimise farm scale returns from irrigated grains: maximising $ return per megalitre of water.
A meeting facilitator will run each ALG to ensure meetings are effective and rewarding to members. A coordinator will ensure active engagement between the research leads (PROC-9175813, PROC-9175815, PROC-9175816) and ALG facilitators as well overseeing the scientific rigour of experimentation, information and data transfers between the proposed projects.
Information generated and outputs developed by PROC-9175813, PROC-9175815 and PROC-9175816 will be tested and validated by the ALGs. The facilitators will also identify grower champions from ALGs to extend key messages to the wider irrigation community to facilitate peer to peer learning.
All applications must be submitted via the GRDC Grains Investment Portal https://access.grdc.com.au/ by 2 pm AEDT Thursday 14 February 2019.
To register as a first-time user, please visit https://access.grdc.com.au/ and:
• Click on the register button at the top right-hand side.
• Complete the Registration Form. Fill in all the fields: your email address, a password and the captcha. Your password must be alphanumeric with at least one special character (i.e. not a letter or number). Click register to continue the process.
• Registration is confirmed by the system sending an email to you, with details to complete the registration process.
• Once the registration process is complete, you can sign in and review all investments open for tender
Once you have located this investment, you can commence the application process by completing the details for each field available, until you reach “Submit Application” on the last page.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact GRDC Contracts Administrator North via email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online support function available.
• The Applicant must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners.
• The Applicant and any proposed subcontractor must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
February 2019 to June 2023
Tenderers must submit their responses electronically through the Grains Investment Portal at https://access.grdc.com.au
For information on "Applying" and how to register refer to the ATM details on the GRDC's website.