Closed ATM View - PROC-9175813
Development and validation of agronomic practices to realise the genetic potential of grain crops grown under a high yie
Show close time for other time zones
This investment will develop and validate crop specific agronomic practices to maximise system profitability. The focus will be:
• optimising the return on nitrogen through improved use efficiency
• improving the understanding of N-form, timing and rate in the context of irrigation timing and inter-related agronomic decisions
• understanding how to consistently optimise yield (in the context of water price, input costs and commodity price) for the crops where gaps are most apparent:
• faba bean (the pulse crop with the most potential for irrigated systems)
• chickpea (an emerging high value pulse, important in crop sequence to provide a cereal disease break)
• durum (the major option to increase profitability of the cereal phase of rotations). Durum also has stronger straw strength compared to bread wheat
• canola (higher yields provide scope for significant increase in profitability)
• maize (the summer crop with the greatest scope to improve returns under a double cropping system)
• generating data to inform whole farm sensitivity analysis undertaken as part of PROC-9175816 “Optimise farm scale returns from irrigated grains: Maximising $ return per megalitre of water” increasing grower capacity to respond to varying water and commodity price through agronomic practices targeted to the unique constraints of irrigated cropping systems.
For full details on the ATM and any associated attachments as well as information on any Questions and Answers relating to the ATM, visit https://grdc.com.au/research/applying-and-reporting/current-procurement/open-tenders
All applications must be submitted via the GRDC Grains Investment Portal https://access.grdc.com.au/ by 2 pm AEDT Thursday 14 February 2019
To register as a first-time user, please visit https://access.grdc.com.au/ and:
• Click on the register button at the top right-hand side.
• Complete the Registration Form. Fill in all the fields: your email address, a password and the captcha. Your password must be alphanumeric with at least one special character (i.e. not a letter or number). Click register to continue the process.
• Registration is confirmed by the system sending an email to you, with details to complete the registration process.
• Once the registration process is complete, you can sign in and review all investments open for tender
Once you have located this investment, you can commence the application process by completing the details for each field available, until you reach “Submit Application” on the last page.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact GRDC Contracts Administrator North via email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online support function available.
• The Applicant must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners.
• The Applicant and any proposed subcontractor must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
February 2019 to June 2023
Tenderers must submit their responses electronically through the Grains Investment Portal at https://access.grdc.com.au
For information on "Applying" and how to register refer to the ATM details on the GRDC's website.